This design transforms a small new build plot into a welcoming garden space for a young family who love to spend time outdoors. The garden is designed to ensure that there is plenty of room for the family of 5 to enjoy spending time in the garden, both now and as they grow.
- A sandstone dining terrace links the garden to the living room and kitchen. This complements the design of the house and creates a generous space where the family can eat and barbecue all year round
- A pergola defines a separate seating area that benefits from the sun throughout the day. Here the family can relax on sofas during breaks in the working day, or when entertaining family and friends
- Raised oak sleeper beds add definition to the design and will allow for successful planting in an area with poor subsoil.
- A small, easy to maintain lawn is edged with sandstone setts, providing space for the younger children and the dog to play
- Paved paths lead through the garden to the converted studio in the garage, allowing easy access throughout the year
- Dark fences offer a dramatic backdrop to the planting scheme that Sally has enjoyed designing herself
Area: 68 square metres
Site: Partial shade, new build house
Soil: Clay subsoil with builders spoil, prone to water logging, alkaline
Location: Banks, Southport
Design Package: Standard design package including master plan
What a designer … Lindsay totally understood our love for our garden and what we wanted from it, and helped us create it in a very small space. Couldn’t recommend her enough! – Sally R
Lindsay is a very creative and talented designed who shaped our garden perfectly to suit our family. It’s brilliant to see it come to life… a first rate service – Steve R