BUILT & PLANTED SPRING 2017
This garden enables a busy young family to play, cook, eat and relax outside throughout the year. An awkward shaped plot, overlooking houses, challenging soil and a lack of space had meant that the family were spending little time outdoors. The new design has changed the garden into a welcoming and well used family space.
- A spacious south facing sandstone terrace next to the house which incorporates a seating area and water feature
- Raised sleeper beds where favourite sun-loving plants grow in good soil
- A pizza oven and barbeque area, accessible from the kitchen all year round
- A pergola on the lower terrace to screen the neighbouring houses and provide a private area for enjoying family meals
- A children’s all weather play area with a play house, artificial turf, small raised veg beds and sand pit
- A generous lawn
- Low maintenance plants along with roses, climbers and cottage garden favourites.
We absolutely love the garden, it encompasses everything we asked for in the brief and more. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you to anyone and we are very much looking forward to enjoying and watching the garden as it evolves. Thank you so much for such a fantastic job – Andrea and Lee
Area: 147 square metres
Site: New build house
Soil: Heavy clay subsoil with builders spoil, alkaline
Location: Buckshaw Village, Chorley, Lancashire
Design Package: Standard design package including master plan; Setting Out Plan; Site Visit; Planting plan; Plant sourcing, Planting out