This garden belongs to a professional couple and their dog who love to spend time outdoors. The brief was to create a wildlife friendly, contemporary garden with an urban edge. This design meets the brief whilst also being sympathetic to the semi rural setting.
- The contemporary terrace uses ivory porcelain paving. It runs across the back of the house and includes a secluded seating area for socialising and relaxing by the fire bowl.
- Grey rendered raised beds are planted with spring bulbs and easy to care for summer perennials and grasses.
- A large open lawn gives plenty of space for doggy games. The stepping stone path allows access across the lawn throughout the year.
- A simple, black pergola offers an alternative seating area in the shady corner of the garden. Festoon bistro lights make this a great feature when viewed from the house at night.
- Vegetable beds and soft fruit grow in the productive garden.
- Borders are planted with a mix of fruit trees and wildlife friendly ornamental plants. As the clients are new to gardening all plants are easy to grow.
What the Clients say…
I cannot recommend Lindsay enough. She has designed us a beautiful and functional garden. We love being in it. As someone who is new to gardening, Lindsay has also been a wealth of help and advice and she also offers a useful service to help maintain and plant the gardens too. Her service is good value for money. Lindsay is lovely too; she is very approachable and friendly. I’m so pleased we found her! – Adam J