This is a garden to enjoy spending time in – tending the plants, watching the wildlife and celebrating the turn of the seasons. With paths to wander along and areas to sit and relax, every corner of the garden is used and appreciated. Fragrant plants and running water appeal to the senses, creating a haven for both the clients and the local wildlife.
- Generous borders burst with cottage garden favourites including roses, peonies and geraniums.
- Meandering hoggin and sett paths lead around the garden.
- A generous sandstone dining terrace runs across the back of the house and a sandstone circle offers a sunny spot to enjoy a morning coffee.
- The kidney shaped lawn with is easy to care for.
- Three stunning steel obelisks will support climbing roses.
- To the rear of the garden is the productive garden – raised vegetable beds, the existing greenhouse, compost bins and shed.
- Wildlife is encouraged with the addition of a small pond surrounded by wildlife friendly planting.
Area: 280 square metres
Site: Partial shade
Soil: Clay subsoil, good, slightly acidic topsoil
Aspect: East Facing
Location: On the outskirts of Chorley, Lancashire
Design Package: Concept Plans and Mood Boards, Enhanced Colour Presentation Plan, Setting Out Plan, Planting Plans, Planting Out
what the client says…
Lindsay was helpful from the first phone call and she gave us written design and garden service options and costs at our first meeting. This demystified ‘garden design’ and enabled us to agree the design process we wanted, one step at a time, with no pressure to buy the ‘whole package’. Her design has turned our garden into several different areas with interesting features linked by sweeping curved paths. Her planting scheme will give us a year-round display we can really look forward to and enjoy. We highly recommend Lindsay’s friendly and professional approach to creating the most of any garden and making the whole process a pleasant and enjoyable one. – Mr & Mrs D.