This is a garden designed to tempt you outdoors, with exuberant planting and a choice of places to sit back and relax. A new build plot has been transformed into a private sanctuary for a client whose spare time is precious. There is plenty of opportunity to potter with plants, but no strenuous task to undertake and no need to mow.
- A pergola creates a dramatic focal point to the garden, over which vines and fragrant climbers are starting to scramble. Beneath, a pair of sofas create a sociable heart to the garden.
- A sandstone dining terrace benefits from the afternoon and evening sun, with a steamer chair placed to take advantage of the very last rays.
- Strongly symmetrical, the layout offers restraint and structure to offset the exuberant perennials and grasses that spill over the timber edged borders.
- An evergreen hedge and a range of climbers ensure that the garden fences will soon be covered in a cloak of green.
- Hard landscaping elements from a natural pallet of stone and timber combined with the geometric layout create a contemporary country garden aesthetic
Area: 81 square metres
Soil: Sandy loam
Location: New build house, Ormskirk, Lancashire
Design Package: Concept Plans and Mood Boards, Presentation Plan, Planting Plans, Planting Out